Happy Blogmas day 3! Todays post is about getting out of a funk! If you’ve read my post Where I’ve Been… you know that I spent most of the month of November in a funk, and I honestly think that is one of the worst feelings. I like being productive and feeling inspired, and when I don’t, I get into a deep dark funk, that I feel like I will never get out of.
So before I give you steps to getting out of a funk, I am going to explain the progression of mine.
So the first day, I was really sad and upset, and I cried a lot.
The next day I was over it. “Why would I do something, if the world doesn’t want me to do it?” I continued to ask myself that question for about a week.
For the rest of the month I got over it and decided I didnt care I just didnt wanna be on social media for a while.
The final week of November, I was longing to do something, I was feeling uninspired and wanted more than anything to get inspired. So here are some of the things that I did.
- Meditation – Lets be honest, meditation is really relaxing and soothing.
- Reading – Like mentioned in my Where I’ve Been… Post, I read #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso
- Watch TED Talks – Some TED Talks, aren’t very exciting to me, but others are so amazing for inspiration.
- Youtube – I am currently on the hunt for new inspiring Youtubers, but here are a few.. Hannah Ashton, Olivia Vargus, Erin Henry, Lavendaire, & Kalyn Nicholson.
- Journal – I kind of stopped writing in my journal when I was in my funk, and when I did write, it was all negative. I decided to switch my thoughts to positivity.
- Humidifier – This one is probably kinda weird, but an Essential Oil Diffuser will work great too! What I do is put essential oils, or stress relieving liquids, in my humidifier, and let it run when I was sleeping.
- Drink Coffee and Relax
- Watch Christmas Movies
There is probably a lot of other things you could do to get out of a funk, but these are the ones that worked for me. Thank you so much for reading! Dont forget to leave a comment on what you would like to see in my posts!