Welcome to my Blog! Whether you are a new reader, or you have been keeping up with my posts for a while, hello, my name is Ali and I am so happy to have you here! If you don’t already know, we are in a series called Blogmas! Today is day 12! Its insane to me that were halfway through blogmas!
Todays post is a christmas sugar cookie recipe!
What you’ll need:
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 3 Cups all purpose flower
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Here are the steps to create these cookies!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In one bowl, mix butter, and sugar with mixer until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla extract, almond extract, and egg.
- In a DIFFERENT bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add little by little into the wet ingredients.
- *the dough will get very stiff, if your mixer won’t turn, knead the dough on a clean counter with your hands.*
- Roll out onto a floured surface and cut (with cute christmas cookie cutters) and make sure it is 1/4″.
- Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.
- Lay out parchment paper, and transfer cookies from the cookie sheet to the parchment paper.
- FROST THEM.
The last step, I didn’t do, but I wish I would have.
Question of the day:
Whats your favorite christmas treat?
Thank you so much for reading! Don’t forget you’re amazing, and you mean the world to me!