I am not one for cold weather, but I am such a sucker for the holidays. Of course Christmas is fun because of the gift giving, but I am more interested in the other holiday festivities. Movies, Music, Activities, and so so so much more. Over the next couple of months we are going to be talking all about winter and all of my favorite holiday things.
Today, I want to share some of my favorite winter things, and my winter bucket list this year!
I am not the type of person who decorates for Christmas before thanksgiving, so although Christmas decorations are one of my favorite things ever when it comes to the holidays, I wont mention it any more until the time comes (stay tuned for a room transformation post around thanksgiving). So Instead of mentioning that I figure I will talk about products that I love during the Holiday season!!
- Yankee Candle sells a line of candles called WoodWick, whose wicks crackle when they burn making you feel like your by a fireplace, even if you don’t have one, or don’t want to turn your fireplace on. Right now I am burning the fragrance Cinnamon Chai.
- Sometimes the heater doesn’t do its job, and lets face it, winter is just cold. Especially here in Idaho. I am not a big fan of being cold so cuddling up with my heated blanket is one of my favorite winter things!
- I am not going to list all of the amazing Christmas movies because that is being saved for a later post, but I will point out that Elf is my absolute favorite, and stay tuned for a favorite holiday movie post!!
Chai Protein Powder
- I am not a big meat eater, I like chicken and turkey, and I will eat pork and hamburgers occasionally but other than that I don’t get a lot of protein from meat, so drinking protein shakes is really important to me. However I am also allergic to literally everything so I have a hard time finding protein shakes that don’t make me break out in hives. Arbonne uses vegan ingredients and so their protein powder is something I can actually drink and it tastes AMAZING. Plus they have a Chai flavor and I LOVE IT!!
There are so many other things about the Holiday season that I love but we will be here all day if I keep going. So now lets move on to my…
Winter Bucket List
(This is my personal Winter Bucket List, so it will include some things that are in Boise, Idaho that may not be available where you are, but feel free to try to replicate them!)
- Go to the Botanical Gardens and see the Christmas Lights.
- Bake sugar cookies and frost them
- Have a gingerbread house making contest
- Read some holiday books (I need some recommendations so help a girl out)
- Have an advent calendar
- Decorate my Christmas tree with my sweet boyfriend
- Watch ELF Live at the Morrison Center
- Attend Claus’ and Paws, at Zoo Boise for their end of the season bash!
- Go Ice Skating at the Village
- Build a Snowman (I wont be mad if we don’t get enough snow to complete this one)
Hopefully this helps you to start your winter bucket list, and that you have an awesome holiday season! Stay tuned for more Holiday posts coming soon!